everyone has said and done problematic things in their lifetime. that’s a result of the society we live in, not necessarily a reflection of their character.
what is a reflection of their character is how they react to being informed of the negativity within their behavior and statements, and whether or not they choose to change their behavior.
ANALYZING TIME, MOFOS.
Let’s dissect this, shall we? And by that, I mean I’m tossing this out here for discussion because I’ve had way too much sangria to focus on any one thing right now.
What do you think Loki’s reaction to this is?
1. Sadness because omg daddy y u say that u so mean
2. Shock because not only did Odin say this while looking like the mean Santa from A Christmas Story, but seems to be saying it deliberately to hurt Loki
3. Realization that shit, Odin’s actually right. Shitshitshit, what do I say to that?
4. “I’m impressed” because no one plays head games like Odin. Not even Loki. And I mostly mean 616 Odin there, but MCU Odin seems to be making great strides toward that version.
5. Or, in that last gif, the glare of death. As in, that’s the precise moment when he thinks, “Oh, you are so dead to me, you piece of shit.” and maybe starts hatching his plan to wear his old man like a skin suit.
6. Combination of some/all of the above?